Environmental Field Operator
EARN $54,477 - $62,049 pa incl Super | Negotiable on Exp
Join a Contract Vegetation & Consulting Service in Melbourne
Full-Time Role | 38 Hours Pw | Training & Career Development
About The Company
Our client is an environmental contractor and consultancy specialising in natural resource management with a strong operational focus and capability. The company provides specialist environmental and scientific services supporting land managers and engineers, who often manage large tracks of land (as in a road, railway, municipality, or electricity utility). They work in the areas of vegetation management, biodiversity protection and weed control.
About The Opportunity
Joining the specialist vegetation management team, the primary purpose of this position is to provide contract vegetation and consulting services to a broad range of clients.
Reporting directly to the Site Supervisor, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor methods to improve/maintain quality of service and productivity
- Identify key weeds and several key native plant species
- Planting and revegetation, soil sampling and herbicide handling
- Accurately interpret chemical labels
- Ensure safety management and compliance with both the company's statutory and the clients' requirements
- Completion of assigned tasks within the estimated timeframe and progress reporting
The successful candidate will have:
- A current driver's license
- Chem cert (or equivalent)
- An interest in vegetation management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and accept responsibility
It will be desirable if you also have:
- Knowledge of herbicide application and good weed identification skills
- Knowledge of indigenous flora
- Practical experience with a range of weed control techniques, including farm chemical training
- Natural resource management or similar tertiary earth science qualifications
- MR vehicle license
- First Aid Level 2 qualification
- White card
- Chainsaw and traffic training
What's in it for You?
- Small, Supportive Company in Melbourne
- Some Overnight & Interstate Travel Required
- Ongoing Training & Career Development
- Increase Your Salary by Learning Specialist Equipment
- Immediate Start for the Right Candidate
Apply today and don't miss out on starting this opportunity as soon as possible!
IMPORTANT: Application Form Instructions (Please Read)
Apply for this role by completing the below questions in your own words. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page and you’ll be asked to ATTACH YOUR RESUME/COVER LETTER if you have not already selected this via Seeks portal.
Your application will be reviewed and we will be in contact via email regarding your progress.
Good Luck from the Recruit Shop Team!
Note: By applying you give authority to be contacted using your provided phone number and email address regarding this and other job opportunities and other Recruit Shop related topics. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such information you may do so at the time of receipt.
Please take a look at our other vacancies here: https://recruitshop.applynow.net.au/