Director of Nursing
Cobar, New South Wales
- Great opportunity for an experienced DON or perhaps an Assistant DON/NUM ready to take the next step in their career
- Attractive remuneration package to be negotiated
- Benefits include heavily subsidised housing, relocation assistance, leaseback vehicle, and monthly RDO
Are you tired of spending hours of your life commuting to and from work in peak hour traffic? Is the cost of living becoming outrageously excessive? If so, we are offering you FREE HOUSING and an easy five minute drive to work to re-claim a work/life balance?
Cobar is situated in the centre of New South Wales at the crossroads of the Barrier Highway and the Kidman Way and has excellent road and air links to most of Australia's capital cities. With an area of 46,000 square kilometres, the Shire is approximately two-thirds the size of Tasmania. It is home to approximately 4,500 people. The Shire's prosperity is built around the thriving mining - copper, lead, silver, zinc, gold - and pastoral industries.
About the Role
Council have an exciting leadership opportunity for a Director of Nursing to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Community Services, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Lilliane Brady Village aged care facility.
Other responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the delivery of high-quality, best practice care, and services, complying with all regulatory standards, ensuring the welfare and safety of residents, visitors, and staff
- Monitoring and managing the financial performance of the facility in accordance with Council’s annual budget to maintain a viable and sustainable service through timely management of resident admissions, lodgement and reconciliation of Medicare claims, and participation in the ACFI validation process as required
- Providing effective leadership, mentoring and support to direct reports to foster an empowered, positive culture, meeting the expectations of Council's core values and general good governance
To read the full position description please click here.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have:
- Registered Nurse DIV 1 - AHPRA Registered
Significant executive management experience in an aged care portfolio
Comprehensive understanding of compliance and quality processes in Aged Care
Dynamic leadership skills to build an empowered, positive team culture
Superior written and verbal communications skills with the interpersonal skills to develop a strong rapport with all internal and external stakeholders
Solid understanding of good governance, continuous improvement, risk management and financial control
Sound knowledge and application of all fees, charges and commonwealth funding relevant to a Commonwealth subsidised residential aged care including ACFI
About the Benefits
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated dependent on qualifications and experience, including:
- Relocation Assistance (up to $10k)
- Leaseback vehicle for operational and private use
- Heavily subsidised housing ($100/wk)
- Monthly RDO
If you a looking to utilise your management experience and make a valuable difference in a remote community - Apply now!
For more information, please contact Kym Miller, Director Finance & Community Services on 0409 789 362.