Part-time Childcare Worker - Diploma
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Childcare Worker Diploma to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
Our people are passionate, hardworking and give 110%. Each person brings their unique background and contributes to moving us forward and making an impact to the Singleton community. To succeed in this role, you will possess:
- A Diploma in Children’s Services, or equivalent or working towards with qualification
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- First Aid Certificate, including anaphylaxis and asthma training.
- Previous experience in the care of children aged 0-5
- Knowledge of curriculum and legislative frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
Singleton Council is committed to complying with Public Health Orders and a risk-based approach to ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors. Singleton Council require all employees to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 and therefore it is important that we understand your vaccination status.
This position is offered on a temporary, part-time basis working 16 hours per week until December 2023. The roster is Tuesday - Friday working 4 hours per day to provide coverage for lunch breaks.
Remuneration for this position is based on Grade 8 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $26,003 to $29,251 per annum plus superannuation.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 16 October 2022