JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Payroll Specialist to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to coordinate and contribute to the accurate and timely processing of the fortnightly payroll, including providing advice and support on complex payroll matters to ensure accurate preparation and payment of salaries and wages.
With tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline such as finance, payroll, human resources or administration, this role is responsible for ensuring the payroll process adheres to relevant legislation and agreements and for providing a high level of customer service.
You will need to be experienced in end-to-end payroll with the proven ability to apply and interpret industrial instruments and relevant legislation. You will also have strong payroll software experience and demonstrated ability to build business partnerships through influencing and the provision of advice. Excellent customer service is a must!
Experience in enhancing payroll-related systems or working with Civica Authority or Content Manager would be an advantage but not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the fortnightly payroll processing including, sign off, batch transfers and file migration
- Perform complex analysis of payroll related matters including but not limited to termination calculations, back-payments, adjustments and leave conversions
- Carry out auditing and validation of the payroll processes and procedures, authorisation and reconciliation of wages and salary payments
- Carry out a monthly reconciliation and payment of superannuation contributions to an employee’s complying superannuation fund
- Support the administration and reconciliation of start/end of financial year processes, including Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting
- Respond to complex payroll related enquiries with the supply of accurate, considered and supported data
- Ensure professional, courteous and timely responses to all internal and external enquiries with high levels of customer service
- Administration, monitoring and maintenance of the Payroll systems
- Research and analyse payroll issues as required and recommend informed solutions
- Carry out or assist with system testing, troubleshooting and enhancements. Assist in the research and development of new and improved system functionality including performing the role of system champion
- Design, prepare and analyse payroll data, metrics and statistics in response to stakeholder requests and to support business improvement activities across the organisation
- Provide specialist advice to business units to identify and resolve specific issues that are critically impacting payroll and implement changes to procedures and systems to support any required changes.
Singleton Council is committed to ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors and require all employees to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 in accordance with Singleton Council's COVIDsafe Workplace Protocol.
This position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Remuneration for this position is based on 12 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $83,384 and $93,795 per annum plus superannuation.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 September 2022