Senior Customer Service Officer
Join our journey to become the best council in Australia!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Senior Customer Service Officer to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, sustainable, connected and progressive.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Customer Service Officer to provide support to our customer service team through mentoring and ensuring consistent, high quality processes through audit, review and development as required. This role will assist and support the team to deliver a consistent, high quality customer experience every time.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent, or equivalent demonstration experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice, training, coaching and mentoring to the customer service officers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise a number of computer application programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and corporate system databases (eg Authority and EDRMs).
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers of council.
Previous experience in Local Government and Justice of the Peace certification would be an advantage.
This position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Remuneration for the position is based on Grade 10 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $72,088 to $81,089 based on the hours of work plus superannuation.
Why join us?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
For further information regarding this role please see the position description and information for intending applicants. For further information, contact Brendon Burness, Coordinator Customer Service on 02 6578 7561.
Applications close 2 October 2022. Apply today!