Casual Community and Customer Services Assistant
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Community and Customer Services Assistant to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
We are looking for an adaptable, customer-focussed Casual Community and Customer Services Assistant to assist our front line customer service functions across a wide range of business areas in Singleton Council.
With a commitment to quality customer service and sound administrative skills, you will be supporting our front line Customer Service staff in a variety of areas including the Library, Youth Venue, OOSH, Visitor Information and Customer Service.
You will be a flexible and adaptable person with proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of team. You will be able to show initiative and demonstrate strong customer service focus. Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution is a must.
Previous experience in a public library environment, youth service, OOSH or local government customer service role is an advantage but not essential.
This position is offered on a casual basis. Remuneration for the position is based on Grade 5 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $37.03 to $41.65 per hour plus casual loading and superannuation.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
Singleton Council is committed to complying with Public Health Orders when conducting business in the community and ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors. As directed under the Public Health Order, it is a requirement of this role to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
For further information regarding this role please see the position description and information for intending applicants, or contact Kellie Doherty, Community Services Support Officer, on 02 6578 7538.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 September 2022. Apply today!