Team Leader Concrete Works
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Team Leader Concrete Works to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
This position is responsible for the supervision of Council’s Concrete Works Team and the management of resources for undertaking infrastructure construction and maintenance works. The Team Leader Concrete Works delivers designated works and projects in accordance with the specifications provided by the Infrastructure Services service units. The Team Leader Concrete Works is responsible for managing technical, environmental, quality and staff performance on site, as well as collaborating with other supervisors in the delivery of major capital and maintenance projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid demonstrated experience overseeing worksites, providing direction and coordinating the construction of major civil infrastructure and maintenance works and projects.
- Strong demonstrated experience working on a civil construction worksites with demonstrated skills in one or more of the following: concreting, drainage and concrete based civil maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to competently operate plant, machinery and hand tools associated with the role such as small rollers, Wacker plate, chainsaw and other mobile plant.
- Proven ability to take responsibility for, lead and manage a team
- Proven Work Health & Safety record, with a sound knowledge of core safe work practices associated with civil construction and maintenance work sites.
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability to lead, coach and support staff to achieve work targets efficiently and effectively.
It would be advantageous to have Certificate IV Civil Construction (Road Construction & Maintenance), Concreting or equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. A willingness to obtain this certificate is essential and formal training will be provided to complement the experience you already have.
Singleton Council is committed to ensuring we provide a safe place of work for our staff and visitors and require all employees to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 in accordance with Singleton Council's COVIDsafe Workplace Protocol.
This position is offered on a permanent fulltime basis working 76 hours per fortnight. The team currently work a 9-day fortnight and a rotating on call roster.
Remuneration for this position is based on Grade 10 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $72,088.12 - $81,089.84 per annum plus superannuation. This position includes the additional benefit of commuter use of a fit-for-purpose vehicle
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 28 SEPTEMBER 2022.