Pre Home Care Package Case Manager
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $35.28-$39.74 p/hr (dependent on qualifications + experience)
- Generous motor vehicle allowance
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Fixed Term Full Time (Ending 30/06/2022)
- Based in Keysborough (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a proactive individual to join our South East Office team as a Pre Home Care Package Case Manager (ACH Unsolicited) on a fixed term - full time basis ending on 30th June 2022.
Reporting to the South Eastern Regional Manager – Community Services, you will Locate, respond to referrals and work with people who have been assessed as eligible for a home care package but are waiting an allocation and assist them to find and implement basis CHSP and other community services.
Your responsibilities and duties will also include:
- Locating and establishing rapport with homeless and socially isolated people as well as people with challenging behaviours
- Providing immediate, flexible and practical assistance to help overcome pressing needs or crises experienced by the client.
- To coordinate the referral and ongoing maintenance of support services available to the client, including but not limited to, CHSP services and GP referrals.
- Provide information to clients about available services, including an explanation of all fees charged by services they may be referred to.
- To encourage and support the client group to make decisions regarding their use of services and to manage their own health and welfare needs.
- Use strategies to empower and build the confidence of clients and their carers to access and use services
- Assessment of clients, taking into account their history, circumstances and preferences.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Sciences, Welfare or relevant
- Experience in case management or case coordination with older people
- Experience in working effectively and sensitively with a broad range of clients, including those with high support needs and challenging behaviours
- An understanding of the Housing and Homelessness Service sector My Aged Care, NDIS and other relevant service systems.
- Proven commitment to excellence, accountability and innovation in best practice service delivery in the fields of homelessness and housing support.
- Well-developed communications skills and the ability to with engage people from varying backgrounds.
- Current drivers licence
This sounds great! How do I apply?
Applications can be addressed to Janice Choureemootoo (South Eastern Regional Manager – Community Services).
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed here.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 13th May 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.