Emergency Management Officer
An exciting opportunity exists to become Council's Emergency Management Officer. Working in the Regulatory Services Team team, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that Council fulfils its emergency management responsibilities under relevant legislation;
- Actively support and provide advice to Council during emergency event and throughout the recovery process;
- Strengthen Councils capacity in Emergency Management by building relationships and networks across the Shire with other agencies and departments;
- Work with and support the other departments within the Regulatory Services Unit.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Well developed communication skills, including the ability to develop ideas into logical written communication, reports, plans and proposals as well as confidence in verbal communication in a variety of environments and with diverse audiences;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in emergency planning;
- The ability to manage complex conflicting work demands and meet demanding timelines.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment
- We offer flexible work arrangements
- We offer monthly RDOs
Working at Southern Grampians Shire Council provides great work life balance, competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, access to health and wellbeing programs, and access to further training and development opportunities.
Further information for this role can be obtained by contacting Sherie Bain, Coordinator Regulatory Services on 55730223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details of this position are in the position description attached here.
How to apply: Follow the application process below.
Applications close Monday 28 June 2021 at 9am.