Southern Grampians Shire Council is seeking a motivated, attention to detail focused Governance Coordinator to deliver thorough and accurate advice to our elected representatives, executive and management team for a 12 month fixed term period.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop, implement and coordinate high quality policies and procedures across the organisation
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Have an excellent understanding of the structure and responsibilities of local state and federal government departments and relevant legislation and industry best practice
- Coordinate Council's records management
- Interpret legislation and provide specialist advice
- Develop and deliver governance training
- Attend council meetings to record minutes, actions, agreements and to provide advice on conduct and compliance
Benefits of working at Council:
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment
- We offer flexible work arrangements
- We offer monthly RDO's
Working at Southern Grampians Shire Council provides great work life balance, competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, access to health and wellbeing programs, and access to further training and development opportunities.
Further information for this role can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of this position are in the position description attached here.
How to apply: Follow the application process below.
Applications close: 9am Monday 27 September 2021.