Early Childhood Cook
Story House is built on the commitment of its employees and our main goal is to support you to provide quality programs to children, and to also continue your professional journey through continuous improvement initiatives and professional growth opportunities. Story House Early Learning is an emerging early childhood provider with services in QLD, NSW and VIC. We're a family of committed Early Childhood Professionals who are focused on delivering play-based programs that shape our children and support them to be curious and independent learners.
We've come a long way but there is plenty ahead of us and we're gathering, uniting and empowering an empire of good humans to inspire our future generations. Oak on Erin is one of our newest centres to become part of the Story House family and growing quickly. You will get to be part of our innovative team where your collaboration will be encouraged in helping us continue to build on all the fun things we are doing here for our community.
Here at Oak on Erin we want our children to thrive both physically and mentally and understand the importance of a healthy and nutritious diet. We are looking for an extraordinary cook who can nourish the minds of our extraordinary children. Working part time hours Monday to Friday 8.00am - 1pm, a well-equipped kitchen is available for you to whip up a treat.
We Value You:
- People centric, health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Receiving genuine employee recognition and competitive employee rewards.
- Uniform provided
- Staff Childcare Discount
- Receiving industry leading training
- Tailored professional development with regular support from your Manager and Education Specialists to reach your goals
- We'll empower you to step up; step sideways; and flourish always in your pursuit of a meaningful career
- Being part of an inclusive team where coming together to collaborate and having a voice is encouraged
- Working within innovative environments where imagination, learning, fun and safety all come together
- Having a dedicated space just for you, where you can relax and unwind
- Receiving genuine employee recognition and competitive employee rewards
- A well equipped kitchen
- Putting the children first and not budgets
Working hard but having fun too!
The Kind of Things That Excite Us:
- Someone that is available Monday to Friday
- Displays integrity and acts respectfully
- Likes to actively celebrate
- Has a focus on safety
- Eagerly connects
- Drives innovation
- Champions quality
- Hold a current Blue Card or willing to get one
- A Food Handling certificate
- Knowledge of dietary requirements and allergies
- A Cert 3 in childcare is desirable but not essential
- Creative, and passionate about food and providing high standards of food service
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive under pressure
- A good Cook!!
Story House is an emerging leader in the early childhood sector with a strong emphasis on growth, and a commitment to providing quality early childhood services to children and families in the greater metropolitan areas of Australia. We are a company that is committed to complying with our obligations as your Employer, and to promote a healthy and safe workplace for everyone.
Working with us you’ll enjoy a culture of collaboration and respect, along with the opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate people. If this sounds like what you are looking for, please submit your application via 'Apply Now' and let your story begin with us! We look forward to meeting you.