North Vancouver and Squamish Valley, BC
ON CALL/TEMPORARY/PART-TIME/TERM/PERMANENT POSITIONS IN SQUAMISH AND NORTH VANCOUVER, BC
ONGOING RECRUITMENT. POSITIONS FILLED BASED ON THE NEEDS OF THE SQUAMISH NATION
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community
- Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
The Squamish Nation is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. Squamish Nation culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunities for Receptionist / Administration Support professionals to join our dynamic and progressive team in both North Vancouver and Squamish Valley locations. The on-call , temporary reception/administration support position provides reception and general administrative support to management and team. The position is responsible for reception duties, clerical support as well as archiving files. The successful candidate has strong secretarial, clerical, and administrative skills. Basic knowledge of Squamish Nation policies and practices is required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Takes daily instruction from supervisor to perform a variety of administrative, reception and clerical tasks.
- Responsible for reception function.
- Performs a variety of regularly-scheduled clerical duties.
- Participates with, and supports, other admin team members.
- Provides customer service to clients and visitors.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the departmental team.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Certificate in Office Management, Administration or relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 1 year of directly-related experience in the majority of duties in the job description including office administration, word-processing, reception, forms management, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to software applications, switchboard operation, document control, office equipment, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level-user of MS Office, the Internet, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Valid BC driver’s license, reliable vehicle and current auto insurance is preferred.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
Above all, for both of these roles we area seeking proactive professionals with exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills. The ability to uphold the highest level confidentiality and operate at a high level of people interaction, requiring tact, impartiality and diplomacy are essential.
A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for above education and experience. The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting & are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!