Senior General Engineering Teacher 2022
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic outcomes for our students.
About the position
The College is introducing a new subject to the Senior subject portfolio on offer for our senior students. The College is seeking a suitably qualified, committed and energetic Engineering Teacher who has a passion for teaching and who is committed to strengthening a learning environment that fosters a culture of deep learning and in the classroom.
The senior ATAR General Engineering subject includes the study of mechanics, materials science and control technologies through real-world engineering contexts where students engage in problem-based learning.
In studying Engineering, students will learn about:
- engineering fundamentals and society
- emerging technologies
- statics of structures and environmental considerations
- machines and mechanisms.
Working with students at senior level, you will be empowered to design and deliver engaging, flexible and intellectual learning experiences that challenge and inspire the boys.
This is a full-time, continuing position remunerated according to the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – RI Schools QLD 2019 -2023
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Registration to teach in Queensland;
- Qualifications supporting, and experience in, teaching Senior General Engineering;
- The ability to teach other subjects such as Specialist and Mathematical Methods/ or Chemistry/Physics would be a considered advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate ICTs into teaching and learning;
- Willingness to contribute to the College's extensive co-curricular program; and
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close 12.00pm midday Friday 26 November 2021.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries only (please do not email your application) should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3858 4534
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.