Safer Communities Officer
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Supporting of security projects and risk management strategies
- Deliver exceptional customer service, communication, negotiation and conflict management capability.
- Educate our community members and promote sharing and appropriate use of our resources.
- Participate on collaborative committees that deal in sensitive and confidential information.
- Showcase Council’s values – Collaboration, Active, Respectful, and Evolving.
Things You’ll Do:
- Provide operational support to crime prevention and security projects
- Deploy portable CCTV cameras, mobile CCTV Trailer & vehicle mitigation barriers and systems
- Provide security supervision and monitoring of Council functions conducted at the Administration Centre after business hours until all public are off site on an as needs basis
- Assist in providing crime risk assessments on specified Council and external events and projects in public spaces and sites
- Work with the police, urban design experts, youth workers and other stakeholders towards implementing proactive strategies to address community safety to crime reduction issues
- With the CP&S team work within the state framework for crime prevention to achieve local priorities
- Assist in providing crime prevention advice to internal and external customers
- Assist the CP&S team in Implementing proactive crime prevention and security strategies
- Assist the CP&S team on collaborative committees which may deal in sensitive or confidential information.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Work for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Be a true team player – fostering a positive environment of collaboration.
- Be a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council providing efficient and effective attention, investigation and resolution of Customer Requests.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm 26th February 2021
- Package: $55,900 – $59,000 gross per annum plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent full-time opportunity working 35 hours per week (19 day month flexi-time option available).
- Must have a drivers licence and security licence 1AB
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?