Procurement and Contract Specialist for Waste Services
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- To lead a project to negotiation $23 million in contracts for our Waste Services unit.
- To use your specialist experience in end to end procurement achieve results that ensure we meet our obligations to the community.
- Ensure Council’s waste contracts deliver on environmental, social and financial waste service outcomes in a sustainable and positive manner.
Things You’ll Do:
- Lead renewal of strategic waste management contracts and agreements that will be used organisation wide.
- Manage the end to end procurement process for major waste related contracts, suppliers and tendering activities.
- Provide professional advice and recommendations on procurement strategies for projects in order to achieve the best outcome for Council
- Ensure probity, fairness and transparency throughout the tender process by complying with relevant regulations.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to our application questions and submitting your resume and cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Thursday, 4 March 2021
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 8 March 2021
- Term: Temporary full-time for 12 months
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week Monday - Friday with 19 day month flexitime option available
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Grant Willoughby via GWilloughby@ssc.nsw.gov.au for any job specific enquiries
- Carly Ghislain via CGhislain@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.