Arts & Culture Visitor Assistant
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- As a Visitor services Assistant you will provide exceptional customer service to a diverse range of artists and visitors.
- You will be responsible for handling visitor enquiries and assistance.
- You will support arts administration (including course enrolments, hire of facilities, exhibition invigilation, sale of artwork and merchandise).
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience managing challenging customers and situations.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will be approachable, open and be keen to learn
- You will have previous customer service experience gained in a hospitality, performance venue, art gallery or similar environment.
- You will be able to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the operational needs of art galleries or like facilities.
- You will identify, assess and manage any WHS risks, ensuring a safe environment for yourself, colleagues and customers.
- You will showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaboration, Achieve, Respectful and Evolving.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Furthering your experience and exposure in customer service – working in a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm Wednesday 5 May 2021:
- Package: $47,247 gross p.a. pro rata, plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Part Time 10.5 hrs per week over a 7 day roster
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description.
- Reach out to Caryn Schwartz, Team Leader Visitor Services & Administration (email@example.com) for any job specific enquiries.
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au can assist with any recruitment enquiries.