Team Leaders - Development Assessment
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- To lead the ePlanning Team (who are responsible for the governance of the development assessment process), mentor and train passionate new graduates so that they reach their personal goal of becoming capable and successful assessment officers
- To lead the Fast Track team (made up of planners, building surveyors and certifiers) in the provision of a quality customer service outcome for Shire residents.
- Work together to achieve our vision for the future
- Drive the organisations culture, recognise our purpose and live our values
Things You’ll Do:
As Team Leader for the ePlanning Team -
- The ePlanning Team consists of a highly energetic and ambitious team of recent planning graduates looking for opportunity to develop as assessment officers.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the governance and business processes of development assessment, and an understanding of how change can be used to leverage business improvements.
- You will have the ability to mentor and lead the team in the governance space whilst also providing oversight and leadership of the team in the DA and assessment context as these keen team members learn their craft.
As Team Leader for the Fast Track and Certification Team -
- You are a high energy leader with the ability to manage, support and mentor assessment and certification officers in a busy fast paced assessment environment. Mentoring is a critical skill as graduate planners often commence their assessment careers in the Fast Track team.
- Fast Track frequently reports to the Local Planning Panel so in combination with a deep reliance on your mentoring skills, this Team Leader role is much more than DA’s in and DA’s out!
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being a leader in development assessment in the Sutherland Shire
- Inspiring, motivating and coaching your team to realise their potential and allow them to rise to new opportunities and challenges
- Making a difference of the community and development stakeholders during an exciting time of growth for the Shire
If you are an experienced team leader looking to gain further management experience or a successful assessment officer looking to demonstrate and grow your leadership skills in a supportive environment we would love to hear from you.
The Fine Print:
- Submit your application by addressing specific targeted questions and attach your resume and covering letter.
- Get your application in by 10pm: Monday 9 August 2021
- Interview date: Within 3 weeks after the closing date
- Package: From $105,000 up to $120,000 gross p.a.+ 10% superannuation (salaries will be negotiated based on skills and experience). An additional allowance (up to 10%) may be considered for an outstanding candidate. Novated Lease options are also available.
- Hours of work: Permanent Full time opportunities available working 35 hrs per week, with 19 day month flexitime arrangement available.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to Novated Lease Options, fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programmes.
Keen To Learn More?
Click on the link to check out the Position description. The same position description sits across all Team Leader roles in the Development Assessment Teams.
Reach out to Simone Plummer, Manager Development Assessment and Certification Team via firstname.lastname@example.org for any job specific questions or Breanna Rivers, Talent Acquisition Business Partner via email@example.com regarding the recruitment process.