Manager Library Services
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- You will lead and be responsible for facilitating the implementation of the Library Services Strategy and Facilities Plan.
- You will lead the development and implementation of the Library Services Strategic Plan critical and imperative changes, and strategic initiatives across the organisation achieving high levels of ownership and compliance.
- You will inspire, motivate and coach your team members to realise, unleash and harness their potential.
- You will foster a safe and positive work environment built on a foundation of trust, integrity, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- You will be solution focused – you will think outside the box, seeking innovative ways to problem-solve and continuously improve processes and procedures.
- You will work collaboratively to develop frameworks to identify, measure, manage and enhance performance of Sutherland Shire Libraries.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will be accountable for providing strategic leadership and planning - ensuring that our services achieve the best outcomes in the provision of library services.
- You will use your experience and knowledge to ensure that the library services meet the needs and challenges of our evolving community.
- You will navigate through changing environments and develop strategies to position Council to make constructive decisions.
- You have high levels of emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work collaboratively and foster effective strategic relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- You’ll support the diverse business areas of Sutherland Shire Council, creating a strong and sustainable future for our community.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- You will promote a continuous improvement culture, supporting the evolution of your teams and enhancing service delivery to customers.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- You will showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaboration, Active, Respectful, and Evolving.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by: 10pm Friday 1 October 2021
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 4 October 2021
- Package: An attractive remuneration package will be offered
- Hours of work: Permanent Full-Time, working 35 hours per week
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Michelle Whitehurst (Director Shire Services - firstname.lastname@example.org) for any job specific enquiries.
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au