Early Childhood Educator - Trainee
- Earn an income and receive a FREE industry-recognised qualification (Certificate 3) subsidised by the NSW Government.
- You may receive additional government support payments of up to $3,750 (in addition to your income)
- You will be assigned your own mentor (TAFE teacher) who will guide and support you in all areas of your study.
- Your centre team will help you to learn on the job and develop industry-leading skills
- Access to TAFE student services – library, counselling, study/learning support, travel concessions etc
- We will provide you with ongoing study time, at an average of 3 hours per week.
- The traineeship is 19 months duration, with the first month providing you with time to settle in and get to know your colleagues, children and their families.
- Career progression opportunities and paid attendance at regular professional learning sessions.
- Mentoring and guidance from the industry’s most experienced and talented professionals.
- Commitment to Educator health and wellbeing (plus no after-hours cleaning because we employ professional cleaners).
- Focus on quality and high standards across every aspect of our centres.
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- To be motivated and driven to begin your rewarding career in Early Childhood Education.
- To provide high quality education and care to children.
- To build positive partnerships between families and the community.
Things You’ll Do:
- Work as part of a team in a well-resourced Early Education Centre, learning on the job to gain Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education. No need to attend regular TAFE classes! (Study time is allocated per week).
- Provide children with a warm and nurturing setting to thrive in.
- Ensure a high quality early education program is implemented.
- Provide a safe physical environment whilst providing an engaging and meaningful play based program.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure a vibrant and cohesive culture.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Help shape the next generation.
- Make a difference in the community.
- Work in a fun and supportive team with opportunities for growth and development.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by: 10:00pm Sunday 29 January 2023.
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Thursday 12 January 2023, as well as an additional date early February 2023.
- Package: $40,462 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Temporary (19 months) Full-Time, 38 hours per week, 19 day month. Applicants must be able to work a range of shifts from 6.45am – 6.15pm Monday - Friday.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Jessica Chappell, Children's Services Business Administration Officer at email@example.com for any job specific enquiries
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au can assist you with any recruitment related queries