Learn to Swim Instructors
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of students enjoying our Learn to Swim Classes.
- Swim Instruction standards are maintained in compliance with Sutherland Leisure Centres’ procedures and Austswim / Swim Australia standards.
- Being professional, motivated and customer focussed – acting as a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council and our Learn to Swim Programs (before, during and after designated classes).
- Being a true team player – demonstrating open and effective communication with other staff members, including other instructors and management where necessary.
- Being passionate about promoting water safety awareness and building students’ swimming capability.
- Providing first aid response if needed.
Things You’ll Do:
- You’ll be passionate about swim teaching (just like us!)
- You will teach all levels of Learn to Swim.
- As a Learn to Swim Instructor you will be required to conduct a safe and appropriate group class which falls under your scope of training and qualification.
- You will support our customers to unleash their potential, gain confidence, improve technique and reach their goals
- You will showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect and Evolve.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being part of a dedicated, devoted and disciplined team of Swim Instructors.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make to our customers lives – increasing water safety awareness, confidence and enjoyment.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council and our Learn to Swim Programs.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Driving and upholding the positive Learn to Swim brand reputation.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00 pm: Monday 16 May 2022
- Interviews scheduled for: Friday 20 May 2022
- Package: $51,520 - $54,497 gross p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rated to part time hours worked)
- Hours of work:Permanent part-time opportunities available 9 hours per week,with opportunity to flex up additional hours. Must be available as rostered over 7 day spread at various Leisure Centres (including Sutherland, Caringbah and Engadine Centre locations).
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
- To support your application in the recruitment process, please attach the relevant mandatory qualifications required to be considered (Working with Children Check, Austswim ‘Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety’, Swim Australia Teacher or RLS Swim Teacher Licence, Current CPR certificate)
** This position has been identified under the COVID-19 Public Health Order as requiring to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. In applying for this position, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Leisa Koutsoufis, Senior Duty Officer – Programs firstname.lastname@example.org for any job specific enquiries
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.