Group Fitness Instructor
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all attending the Leisure Centres
- Comply with industry best practice standards
- Maintaining all applicable industry licences
Things You’ll Do:
- Deliver safe and effective group fitness classes
- Support unit promotional activities and communicate relevant and accurate information to customers
- Provide professional advice and guidance on exercise and healthy lifestyles to our customers
- The opportunity exists to teach varying programs for qualified, registered and adequately experienced Group Fitness Instructors:
Les Mills Body Pump & Body Balance, Aqua, Yoga and Barre.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
- Being part of a collaborative and close knit team.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00 pm: Monday 23 May 2022
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Monday 30 May 2022
- Qualifications essential: Cert 3 in Fitness and/or Yoga qualifications, Registered Fitness professional or member of a Yoga governing body, First Aid and CPR, Relevant qualification to class style i.e. Aqua, Yoga, Les Mills.
- Location: You will have the opportunity to teach classes at various Leisure Centres (Sutherland, Engadine and Caringbah).
- Package: $103,345 p.a plus superannuation, pro-rated to the part-time hours worked (Equivalent to $53.35 per hour or class).
- Hours of work: To be advised depending on qualifications and classes available.
- Benefits: As a permanent part-time employee, you will have guaranteed hours each week, along with opportunities in teaching more classes to assist with operational needs. To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Deborah Renneberg, Senior Duty Officer - Group Fitness DRenneberg@ssc.nsw.gov.au for any job specific enquiries
- Lauren Dowling, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries LDowling@ssc.nsw.gov.au