IT Service Desk Support Officer
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- To be an integral member of the Service Desk team, providing expert advice and assistance to Sutherland Shire Council employees ensuring effective and efficient services are maintained and exceptional support is provided.
- To provide proactive customer advice on the ever evolving environment and emerging technical opportunities and issues.
- Respond efficiently to all contacts in accordance with applicable Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- To support the efficient and effective operation of business data and applications, device management (physical and virtual) and related ICT infrastructure.
- Use your extensive technical capability, exceptional communication skills, as well as relationship and stakeholder management capability.
- Gain respect at all levels through your professionalism, reliability and personal integrity
- Drive results whilst maximising accessibility and minimising risk.
Things You’ll Do:
- Incorporate your extensive experience in ITIL, specifically for Service Management.
- Facilitate the ongoing development, design and integration of Council’s Information Management and Technology strategy.
- You will deliver the best outcome for the customer within the determined IM&T risk tolerances.
- Provide support to our customer, ensuring prompt resolution of Incidents and Service Requests, either by resolving them yourself, with your extensive experience Level 1/2 technical support or through appropriate escalation to a higher level.
- Manage calls from initiation to resolution, ensuring the customer is kept informed all the way, and ensuring expectations are set and met.
- You will identify opportunities for continuous improvement within our processes and procedures – you will help implement and drive productivity.
- You will showcase Council’s values through all customer interactions – acting as a positive brand ambassador.
- You will pride yourself on being a true team player – fostering an environment of collaboration.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- You will be able to think outside the box - providing innovative and creative solutions.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our people and Sutherland Shire community.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to our online application questions and submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: 15 May 2022.
- Package: $72,500 - $77,000 gross p.a. plus 10% superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week, option of 19 day month (flexitime). Additional out of work hours including weekend and public holidays will be required as part of an on call roster. Applicants looking for part time arrangements will also be considered.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to LinkedIn Learning, fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Melanie Stevens - Team Leader Service Management - email@example.com for any job specific enquiries
- Breanna Rivers - firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.