Librarian Readers Services
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- To assist in providing quality literacy and reader development services.
- To encourage reading and facilitate access to reading resources by utilising the Library's collection.
- To work with all Library staff, community groups and individuals to promote and develop reading and reader based activities.
- To support Readers and Research in daily operations.
Things You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a creative and inclusive adult readers service.
- Source and secure speakers for adult reader related events.
- Support community and government initiatives that support and encourage reading, including participation in writers and literary festivals and events.
- Develop and promote reader based activities and programs, showcasing the library as a major resource for recreational and informational reading.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
- Fostering the growth, engagement and development of your team and our community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00 pm: Monday 27 June 2022
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Friday 1 July 2022
- Package: $82,594 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent full time opportunity working 35 hours per week across 7 days
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?