Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Your key responsibility as Pool Lifeguard is to ensure the safety and well-being of all customers utilising the Centre’s facilities.
- You’ll be proactive, mitigate risk and provide expeditious accident response.
- You will be professional, motivated and customer focused – acting as a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council and our diversity of services.
- You will educate our community and promote water safety.
- As directed, you will action daily maintenance, care, support repair and security of amenities, plant, equipment and other assets assigned to or utilised by lifeguards within area of responsibility.
- You will lead by example and ensure cleanliness of our Centre facilities.
Things You’ll Do:
- Ensure all requirements of the position are carried out as directed by the Specialist Aquatics Operations, Senior Duty Officer or Duty Officer.
- Ensure equipment is set-up and packed away for the relevant activities.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene of all areas, supported by cleaning schedules.
- Maintain Centre equipment and conditions in compliance with NSW Health Guidelines.
- Maintain all relevant records onsite to adhere to industry standards and guidelines, updating procedures as required.
- Strive for best practice and showcase Council’s values - Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being part of a dedicated, devoted and disciplined Pool Lifeguard team.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our people and community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Driving and upholding the Leisure Centers’ positive brand reputation, high quality services and programs.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00 pm: Friday 7 October 2022
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Thursday 13 October 2022
- Package: $52,551 - $55,587 gross p.a. plus superannuation (salary paid pro-rata to part time hours worked)
- Hours of work: Permanent full time and part time opportunities available, up to 38 hours per week. Available to work a 7 day spread of hours between 4:30am and 9:00pm to support the operational requirements of our Centres.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
** This position has been identified under the COVID-19 Public Health Order as requiring to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. In applying for this position, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?