Team Leader Park Operations
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Lead and mentor a team in the provision of quality open space maintenance services, embedding a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that works are completed in a safe, efficient and effective manner - supporting safety of yourself, team and our community members.
- Uphold Council Policies, Operating Procedures and accepted industry work practices and standards.
- Collaborate and share information relevant to the job / team with the Coordinator, Manager, peers and other work team members.
- Share your leadership expertise and supervise in other areas of the Parks Operations Unit to satisfy workload and resourcing requirements.
- Be a positive brand ambassador of Sutherland Shire Council, providing timely, informative and professional customer service to the community.
Things You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership to and development of team members including desired workplace culture.
- Draw upon your experience in implementation of a horticultural maintenance plan for a formal garden and other horticultural / landscaped assets.
- Establish the team work schedule and resourcing allocation in line with the demands of the Unit.
- Assist the Coordinator / Manager in undertaking team member performance reviews and professional development plans.
- Facilitate new work practices and use of new technologies
- Utilise your experience in effective management of Plant and equipment.
- Plan and manage traffic control at a work site.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- As part of the Parks Operation Unit you will be in a team who enjoys a variety of interesting and fulfilling work
- You will be working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Be confident that the work you do makes positive impact - you improve the lives of our people, business units and community.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 12th February 2023
- Package: $70,659 to $74,897 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, 9 day fortnight, based on 38 weekly hours of operation from Monday to Friday
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Functional Assessment, Audio Metric check, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?