Plant Operator - Parks Operations
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Join our Parks Operation Business Unit which provides passive, active open space, tree, bush land and formal garden maintenance. Additionally, the Unit provides turf wicket management, sports fields upgrades and maintenance, as well as minor landscaping works.
- Maintain the local infrastructure to improve life-span and usability.
- Maintain the natural environment, while meeting agreed service standards, and the diverse needs of the community.
- Be a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council.
- Apply your understanding of WHS and support your colleagues in implementing safe work methods.
Things You’ll Do:
- Plan and execute the ongoing maintenance of the Council’s horticultural assets throughout the Sutherland Shire area either on a fixed garden site, a mobile maintenance team, or single operator of a tractor.
- Ensure that horticultural works are completed in an effective, efficient and safe manner in line with Council’s Operating Procedures.
- Share your sound technical knowledge of parks maintenance, and improvement activities.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm 29th January 2023.
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 6th February 2023.
- Package: $57,029 - $60,450 gross p.a. plus superannuation.
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time opportunity working 38 hours per week, 9 day fortnight.
- Previous applicants need not apply
- To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's COVID-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- For any job specific enquiries, reach out to Troy Harrison, Coordinator Sports Fields on email@example.com
- Veronica Moran, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org