Civil Construction Foreperson
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- This is a leadership role in Sutherland Council's Civil Construction team. You will be leading a construction team delivering upgrade and renewal works for our Council's assets
- You will be responsible for the development of a proficient civil construction team where you will be expected to complete all works in conformity to best practice.
- Your role will require you to comply with WHS policies and take reasonable care of your own and other person's health and safety
- You will be innovative, bringing new ideas to the team as well as identifying obsolete and inefficient practices, making recommendations for change.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will organise pre-construction planning and in consultation with your Superintendent develop project schedules including the estimation of required resources.
- Using your proven leaderships skills, you will monitor the performance of staff, providing regular feedback and counselling / support where necessary.
- Keep accurate records of plant, labour, materials and site activities consumed in completing works.
- Communicate with the community advising on the impact the work will have to their usual activities. Where required, negotiate solutions to ensure work proceeds efficiently without causing undue inconvenience and delays to road users.
- You will maintain the qualifications required for the role OR commit to obtaining required qualifications within an agreed time period.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- What you do makes a direct impact to the community - your work makes a tangible difference for the better.
- Working in a team that is respectful of others and values your input, you are always welcome to share innovative ideas for improvements.
- Make a difference to your team - your support will help others to grow their career within Council.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm 15th January 2023
- Package: $74,147 - $78,593 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- An Attraction Allowance of up to 15% of salary may be offered to exceptional candidates
- Hours of work: Permanent 9 day fortnight, based on 38 hour week of operations from Monday to Friday
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Audio Metric check, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Anthony Southam, Civil Project Coordinator, Civil Operations on firstname.lastname@example.org for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries email@example.com