Senior Civil Engineer
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- You will be an integral part of the Sutherland Shire Council's Asset Serviced Unity who provide infrastructure planning services to transport assest, stormwater and waterway assets, open space assets and building assets.
- As a Senior Civil Engineer, your role will be to deliver advanced civil engineering design documents for complex Council infrastructure projects
- You will guide and advise engineering project stakeholders, mentor and review designs by other less experienced team members.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve
Things You’ll Do:
- Review designs prepared by others in the team supporting the Team Lead.
- Utilise your advanced competency in civil engineering design software and mentor others in their use.
- Prepare and administer construction project tenders and contracts.
- Ensure effective delivery of Councils infrastructure renewal programs, as well as development frontage designs and town centre designs.
- Ensure all activities and uses related to civil engineering are performed in accordance with approved consent conditions, specifications and safety standards.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Making a positive difference to the community and ensuring that community confidence in Council is met
- Supporting the growth and professional development of your team members (e.g. undergraduate and graduate civil design engineers).
- Be part of a unit that contributes to the goals of building:
- A community informed and engaged in its future
- A beautiful, protected and healthy natural environment
- A culturally rich and vibrant community
- A liveable place with a high quality of life.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: 29th January 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 6th February 2023
- Package: $101,430 to $107,521 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Fulltime 35 hours per week, with option of 19 day month flexi-time
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Geoff Lucas on firstname.lastname@example.org for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries on email@example.com