Due to an exciting period of growth, a number of new roles have become available in our Development Services unit to better respond to the changing needs of our community.
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Assessing development proposals with regard to their potential impacts on the natural, built and social environment with specific consideration to engineering matters.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of plans which will provide engineering controls in respect to developments and land use matters.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate respectfully with a diverse range of customer and internal stakeholders.
- Actively sharing your knowledge with team members and contribute to building a culture based on collaboration and continuous service improvement.
Things You’ll Do:
- Undertake assessments across a range of development applications including multi storey residential, industrial, waterfront, commercial development and subdivisions, including those for determination by the Local Planning Panel, Sydney South Planning Panel and the Land and Environment Court.
- Provide assessment of subdivision certificates in accordance with relevant legislation, acts and development consent.
- Provide input and expert advise into the development assessment process and ensure the determination of applications is timely and efficient.
- Lead customer service, assisting customers with information related to the redesign of submissions to comply with policies and codes and discuss alternatives relating to engineering matters.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Exposure to a range of DA's and projects that only a career in local government can offer.
- Working collaboratively amongst a large, multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts and mentors.
- Being part of an organisation and team that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Working in a role that is challenging, rewarding and positively impacts our local community.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and application, this will include responses to targeted questions and selection criteria outlined in the job description!
- Get your application in by: 10:00pm Sunday 12 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week beginning 20 February 2023
- Package: $79,108 - $108,049 gross p.a. plus superannuation plus $8580 Vehicle Award Allowance (Salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience).
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, 35 hours per week with the option of a 19 day month flexitime
- We provide flexible work arrangements to help our team balance family and busy lifestyles
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options
** To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Vaccination verification, Reference checks, Qualification checks, and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Grant Rayner email@example.com for any job specific enquiries.
- Claudia Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Acquisition Business Partner can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.