Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Assist in the safe, efficient and accessible transport of people and goods across the integrated networks in Sutherland Shire ensuring that the needs of the community are met.
- Use your critical thinking skills to research, investigate and analyse solutions or strategies in response to traffic or land use issues.
- Provide effective, technically correct & pragmatic documentation and advice for projects and customer requests within formally agreed time frames, compliant with relevant standards.
Things You’ll Do:
- Prepare draft traffic and transport plans, studies and strategies, in line with Council and community requirements.
- Provide assessment input and advice on traffic and transport aspects of non-complex DAs, DCPs, LEPs and Planning Proposals.
- Assist in preparing draft grant applications for external funding of traffic and transport related works, studies and services.
- Planning, assessing and designing bus stops, active transport facilities, car parking, roads and traffic management facilities.
- Planning and assessment of traffic and transport management for special events and filming.
- Liaising with other traffic and transport related authorities in respect to policies, projects and statutory provisions including TfNSW and Police.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working collaboratively amongst a diverse team of subject matter experts.
- Being part of an organisation that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm Sunday 5 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 13 February 2023
- Package: $89,377 - $94,739 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, 35 hours per week with the option of 19 day month flexitime option
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Greg Holding GHolding@ssc.nsw.gov.au for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.