Support Services Coordinator
Due to an exciting period of growth, a number of new roles have become available in our Development Services unit to better respond to the changing needs of our community.
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Lead and empower the Support Services team in providing excellent customer service as the initial point of contact for customer enquiries.
- Demonstrate sound experience in providing business, coordination and administration support at a senior level with proven capacity to support high profile projects in a high-pressure environment.
- Be adaptable and flexible to manage competing priorities in a demanding and complex work environment.
- Possess sound critical thinking skills, identifying and implementing system improvements that contribute to business efficiency.
Things You’ll Do:
- Provide advice, support to and supervision of the Support Services team in relation to the processing of DAs and other relevant assessment duties
- Manage internal operations and continuous improvement of the Council's interface with the NSW Planning Portal.
- Assist the Development Services Managers, ensuring the Department operates smoothly and efficiently by providing high level administrative assistance.
- Manage the day-to-day support for the Development Services team through assisting in the timely assessment of development applications, as well as working with the Sutherland Shire Local Planning Panel and Sydney South Planning Panel.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working collaboratively amongst a large, multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts
- Being part of an organisation and team that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals
- Working in a role that is challenging, rewarding and positively impacts our local community
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 5 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 13 February 2023
- Package: $74,417 - $83,040 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, 35 hours per week with the option of 19 day month flexitime
- We provide flexible work arrangements to help our team balance family and busy lifestyles.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Reference checks, Qualification checks, and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Carine Elias CElias@ssc.nsw.gov.au for any job specific enquiries
- Claudia Hudson CLHudson@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.