Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Ensuring that the property and rating and sundry debtor databases are maintained in compliance with Council policy, relevant legislation and industry best practice.
- Using your proven experience in high volume data entry with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Utilising your strong planning skills with a proven ability to use resources in the most effective way to achieve outcomes.
- Embracing continuous improvement, effectively navigate changing environments and support others to evolve
Things You’ll Do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to Council’s customers
- Assist in the recovery of rates and sundry debtors, including reminders, legal action and all forms of customer enquiries.
- Process rating and sundry debtor transactions such as receipts, transfers, refunds, and mis allocation of payments.
- Process direct debit applications for Rates accounts, pension rebate applications, and payment arrangements for overdue rates and sundry debts.
- Share your subject matter expertise and provide assistance to the broader Finance team as required.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being an integral member of the Financial Services Team.
- Having well aligned values to that of the organisation
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and the community.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to our online application questions and submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 5 February 2023.
- Package: $62,500 - $69,500 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent and Temporary Full Time Opportunities Available. working 35 hours per week with option of 19 day month flexi time arrangement. Temporary opportunity is expected to be available for up to 12 months. Expected commencement date late February/ early March.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Reference checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- For any job related enquiries, reach out to Dajana Poblete (Team Leader Revenue Management) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with Breanna Rivers (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) on email@example.com regarding the recruitment process.