Manager Open Space Operations
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Provide strategic and effective leadership on all aspects of the Open Space Operations Unit, leading your team in the efficient and effective delivery of maintenance and operations of public open space, including parks, reserves, playgrounds, sports facilities and marine structures.
- Be responsive to a dynamic environment in a highly effective, efficient and professional manner, collaborating and contributing to the Senior Manager Leadership Team within Council's Infrastructure & Operations Directorate.
- Utilise your superior communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, customers and stakeholders
Things You’ll Do:
- Manage a multi-disciplinary and experienced team, promoting and developing staff and teams through recruitment, mentoring and coaching, identifying and leading change initiatives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Use your experience and knowledge working in a similar role to deliver exceptional services and projects which will include but will not be limited to financial management and budget controls, procurement of external services, setting and monitoring KPI's, developing business plans.
- Establish and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, winning respect at all levels through sound and expert advice, reliability and personal integrity, constructively dealing with difficult issues as they arise.
- Empower your team to provide services that contribute to Council’s Community Strategic Plan (CSP) goals and in doing so, ensure the current and future needs of the community are attained and has community has confidence in Council.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Creating a connected, vibrant and safe community that respects people and nature, enjoying active lives in our thriving environment.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria in the position description and your capabilities for success in the role.
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 5 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 20 February 2023
- Package: An attractive remuneration package will be offered reflective of experience and qualifications
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
- We provide flexible learning opportunities to help build capability and support development, study support and leave, professional memberships, and conferences and industry events. We are committed to building the capability of our employees and leaders. We provide a tailored senior leadership program that elevates leadership within our organisation and produces transformational outcomes. It focuses on building leadership capability, confidence and commitment through experiential learning over a period of 12 months.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Brooke Martin firstname.lastname@example.org, Director Shire Infrastructure & Operations, for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran email@example.com, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.