Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Be an integral part of our Parks Operations Business Unit who provide maintenance to Sutherland Shire's natural environment to improve lifespan and usability of our local infrastructure.
- Take a hands-on approach to be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the Council’s horticultural assets throughout the Shire either on a fixed site, or mobile team capacity.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all activities are completed in an effective, efficient and safe manner in line with Council's Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to WHS and supporting your colleague in implementing safe work methods.
Things You’ll Do:
- Plan and execute horticultural work tasks, including applying horticultural chemicals and delivering, loading materials and equipment as required
- Provide technical advice and service to internal and external customers including the selection, preparation and operation of appropriate plant and equipment.
- Monitor condition of plan and equipment, ensuring they are serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's specification.
- Establish and manage a traffic control plan around a work site, ensure that worksites are prepared to comply with Council standards and OHS&R guidelines and that chemicals are applied according to legislative and Sutherland Shire Council guidelines.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- You will be working collaboratively with a diverse, knowledgeable and professional team.
- The work that you do makes a tangible and positive impact you make on our local community - you will be directly improving the experiences of residents and visitors to the Sutherland Shire.
- Showcasing Council's values in all that you do - Collaborate, Achieve, Respect and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm, 5 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 13 February 2023
- Package: $62,641 - $69,949 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time opportunity available, 38 hours per week with a 9 day fortnight.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Chris Sekura (Coordinator Parks), email@example.com for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org