Senior Development Planner
Due to an exciting period of growth, a new role has become available in our Development Services unit to better respond to the changing needs of our community.
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Contribute to the strategic intent of the Development Assessment teams to facilitate land use and development that balances our community, environment and economy.
- Assessment of development proposals and their potential impact on the natural, built and social environment with specific consideration to planning matters.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate respectfully with a diverse range of customer and internal stakeholders.
- Actively sharing your knowledge with team members and contribute to building a culture based on collaboration and continuous service improvement.
Things You’ll Do
- Assess complex applications (multi-dwelling/residential flat/commercial/industrial/environmental and mixed-use developments) in accordance with legislation and policy within a timely manner to meet target dates.
- Provide specialist and technical guidance and advice to team members and other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Mentor less experienced team members, such as students and junior Planners.
- Review plans and provide planning input into controls for development and land use matters.
- Be involved in meetings / mediation, to negotiate a compromise on contentious development applications.
- Represent the Council as part of the Land and Environment Court process, Regional and Local Planning Panel.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve superior development outcomes in the community.
- Provide exceptional service to customers in relation to development proposals and assisting with the potential redesign.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being exposed to a wide range of development types and projects that only a career in local government can offer.
- Being part of an organisation and team that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Working in a role that is challenging, rewarding and positively impacts our local community.
- Working collaboratively amongst a large, multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts and mentors.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter that addresses the following - your qualification, experience in development assessment & determination of complex development applications within local government, your experience in duty planning enquiries and your knowledge in applying NSW Planning Legislation in DA Assessment
- Get your application in by 10:00pm Sunday 12 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week beginning 20 February 2023
- Package: $101,436 to $113,607 gross p.a. plus superannuation. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
- Hours of work: Permanent, full-time, 35 hours per week with the option of a 19 day month. Applicants looking for part-time work will also be considered.
- We provide flexible work arrangements to help our team balance family and busy lifestyles.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Amanda Treharne ATreharne@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Team Leader Development Assessment, for any job specific enquiries
- Claudia Hudson CLHudson@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.