Environmental Science Officer
Due to an exciting period of growth, a number of new roles have become available in our Development Services unit to better respond to the changing needs of our community.
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Contribute to the strategic intent of the Development Assessment teams to facilitate land use and development that balances our community, environment and economy.
- Assessment of development proposals and their potential impact on the natural, built and social environment with specific consideration to environmental matters such as threatened species, contaminated land risk and pollution.
- Using your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate respectfully with a diverse range of customer and internal stakeholders.
- Actively sharing your knowledge with team members and contribute to building a culture based on collaboration and continuous service improvement.
Things You’ll Do
- Review and assess all types of development proposals in accordance with environmental legislation and policy within a timely manner to meet target dates.
- Provide technical guidance & advice to team members, senior management, and the organisation in respect to environmental matters related to development assessment and planning.
- Assist in the preparation and review of plans which will provide input into controls that minimise environmental impact on our neighbourhoods and promote sustainable development.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve superior development outcomes in the community.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being exposed to a wide range of development types and projects that only a career in local government can offer.
- Being part of an organisation and team that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Working in a role that is challenging, rewarding and positively impacts our local community.
- Working collaboratively amongst a large, multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts and mentors.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and respond to the application questions outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00pm Tuesday 31 January 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated Monday 6 February 2023
- Package: $79,108 - $102,261 gross p.a. plus superannuation. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
- Hours of work: Permanent, full-time, 35 hours per week with the option of a 19 day month.
- We provide flexible work arrangements to help our team balance family and busy lifestyles.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Annette Birchall ABirchall@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Team Leader Development Assessment, for any job specific enquiries
- Claudia Hudson CLHudson@ssc.nsw.gov.au, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.