Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Actively participating in the execution of Council’s accounting function including responsibilities associated with financial accounting, asset accounting, treasury management and taxation
- Drawing on and sharing your strong financial management skills and experience.
- Showcasing your strong communication & organisational skills to assist teams to manage their competing priorities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to Council’s partnering financial institutions, investment advisors, NSW Audit Office, and internal auditors.
Things You’ll Do:
- Our Financial Accountants are responsible for ensuring the accounting function of Council is efficient, effective and meticulously well maintained.
- You will provide valuable assistance to the Senior Financial Accountant and the other accountants across the department in relation to fulfilling financial management obligations.
- You will provide strategic, operational and thought leadership of the banking and treasury function of Council.
- You will supervise Council’s investment portfolio in accordance with Council’s Investment Policy including the provision of research and advice towards its maximisation, undertaking necessary reconciliations and satisfying all reporting and administrative requirements.
- You will provide accurate and timely information on financial accounting matters to internal and external stakeholders as required including the provision of support to the Financial Services staff to resolve the more complex financial accounting issues and implement agreed actions.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working with a high performing Finance team and progressive Council.
- Having well aligned values to that of the organisation.
- Playing a vital role within the organisation.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to our online application questions and submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 29 January 2023
- Package: $89,000 - $97,000 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week with option of 19 day month flexitime arrangement.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks,Reference checks, Qualification checks, and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Oliver Guo - email@example.com for any job specific enquiries
- Breanna Rivers - firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.