National Occupational Classification Code 2173
- Are you an experienced Scrum Master with proven leadership skills?
- Join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and bonus program!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their Product Development team to fill the role of a Scrum Master in Victoria, BC for a temporary 18-month maternity leave.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for leading and coaching the SSI Development Teams in Scrum adoption and improving our Scrum and Agile mindset. You will work alongside other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the teams by advocating and aiding in the adoption of Agile Engineering practices and principles, identifying and removing barriers to progress, and coaching individuals and teams on self-organization and cross functionality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching SSI and its development teams in Scrum adoption
- Supporting the continuous improvement of Scrum and Agile implementations within SSI
- Coaching the Development Teams in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Identifying and removing impediments to the Development Teams’ progress
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum at SSI
- Supporting Product Owners with Product Backlog management
- Improving the Scrum Teams’ efficiency by advocating and aiding adoption of Agile Engineering Practices and Principles
- Helping the Scrum Teams to improve their process and practices to make development more effective and enjoyable
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
What we look for:
- Experience as a Scrum Master or similar Agile leadership roles
- Proven leadership, facilitation, and motivation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A passion for effectiveness, teamwork, and continuous improvement
Great to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience serving at least two Scrum teams simultaneously
- Previous experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems
- Experience in software development and/or project management or other relevant professional experience
- Experience with User Stories, Agile Estimation techniques, Automated Testing, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!