National Occupational Classification Code 2173
- Are you an experienced Scrum Master with proven leadership skills?
- Join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and profit sharing!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join SSI as a full-time, permanent Scrum Master/Agile Coach in Victoria, BC.
In this role you will be responsible for coaching the SSI teams and leading by example through embracing SSI Principles (which are closely tied to Agile Principles and Values) and Agile mindset.
You will work alongside other Scrum Masters/Agile Coaches to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the teams by advocating and aiding in the adoption of SSI Principles and Agile practices, coach teams in ways of identifying and removing barriers to progress, and coaching individuals and teams on being open, honest and continuous improvement.
SSI Principles are based on values such as: openness, honesty, respect, focus and determination, continuous improvement, ownership, innovation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching SSI and its teams in ways of working that align with SSI and Agile principles and values
- Supporting the continuous improvement of Agile implementations within SSI development and non-development teams
- Supporting teams in self-organization and cross-collaboration
- Coaching teams how to identifying impediments to progress
- Coaching and leading by example on what it means to be open and honest
- Leading by example on what it takes to own our mistakes and learn from them
- Helping teams elevate their performance, effectiveness, quality and happiness
- Working with other Scrum Masters / Agile Coaches to increase the effectiveness of the application of Agile at SSI
- Improving the teams’ efficiency by advocating and aiding adoption of Agile Practices and Principles
- Facilitating events as requested or needed
What we look for:
- Experience as a Scrum Master or similar Agile leadership roles
- Proven leadership, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A passion for leadership, teamwork, and continuous improvement
Great to have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Studies, Psychology, Computer Science or a related field
- Scrum Master / Agile Coach or other relevant certifications
- Experience working with multiple teams simultaneously
- Experience working with non-development teams
- Experience in software development and/or project management or other relevant professional experience
- Experience with User Stories, Agile Estimation techniques, Automated Testing, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work remotely within Canada with a relocation to Victoria, BC as per Covid-19 guidelines, and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!