Web Developer & Graphics Designer
- Do you have experience in both Website Design and Graphic Design?
- Don't miss this opportunity to work with an industry leader!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and profit sharing!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC, Canada with a satellite office in the USA, we are proud to offer our team an environment that combines fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work-life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to live and work in Victoria and be a part of a respectful team that understands the need to balance dedication to the workplace with personal and family responsibilities, are just some of the things that make for a rewarding career with SSI.
About the Opportunity
Currently, SSI is looking for a Web Developer & Graphics Designer to join their Marketing team in Victoria, BC.
Candidates must demonstrate experience and skills required to plan, design, develop and maintain a performance optimized and conversion-focused web site applying modern technology. Experience developing custom WordPress themes as well as proficiencies in the associated languages (PHP, HTML, JS, CSS, SASS) are critical to success in this role.
Additionally, advanced skills in the use of design software like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and XD with a creative and artistic eye will be required for producing visual materials to effectively communicate information across a variety of formats and purposes.
- Update and maintain the SSI corporate website
- Design and development of pages and blocks to support marketing initiatives
- Maintain and build upon existing optimization, CRO, and security efforts
- Keeping WordPress and plugins updated
- Build promotional graphics, web content, print material, and tradeshow booths as required
- Maintain the company brand
- Build graphics and icons for SSI’s product as required
- Contribute to marketing strategy and assist the team cross-functionally
- College or university diploma in Website design/development or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress theme development
- Experience with version control (such as Git)
- Understanding of SEO and website analytics including click through implementation and analysis.
- Knowledge of up to date web-design trends and techniques
- A firm grip on the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Experience in ensuring creative elements are in line with brand requirements
- The ability to create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, print media, company logos, product design displays and productions
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with API’s to load content onto the front-end
- 3D Modelling (3DS Max, Cinema4D)
- Progressive Profiling and Content Surfacing knowledge (E.G.: HubSpot)
- Experience working with “personalization” technology (E.G.: Evergage)
- Understanding of a LAMP server setup and DNS
- Audio/Video Editing experience.
- Experience animating (After Effects)
- Experience managing projects of various size and scope
- Organizational and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple departments and multiple cultures
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work remotely within Canada with a relocation to Victoria, BC as per Covid-19 guidelines, and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
If you have a creative and artistic eye, this could a great opportunity for you to use your technical skills with an industry leader!
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!