We are a growing company strategically positioned to expand our world market share in shipbuilding and offshore structure production. We are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to promote an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the heart of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team.
Do you enjoy providing personal assistant support and take pride in your ability to provide exceptional administrative support? Are you detail oriented, self motivated, able to work well independently or as part of a team? This may be the right opportunity for you.
- Run personal errands for CTO and CEO
- Book meetings on behalf of CTO and CEO as requested
- Make personal arrangements for CTO and CEO for house maintenance, dentist/doctor’s apts, car maintenance etc.
- Clean and restock coffee stations in CTO and CEO offices
- Drop off/pick-up dry cleaning for CTO and CEO
- Answering all incoming calls, respond to general inquiries and direct inquires to the appropriate department
- Greet visitors, ensure they sign in and out, and direct them as appropriate
- Check email daily for Info@ inbox
- Prepare outgoing mail for shipping
- Handle incoming mail and distribute as appropriate
- Manage the performance Development Process and compile and distribute results
- Act as Employee chair of the Health and Safety Committee:
-Plan and lead meetings
-Address safety concerns
- Ensure compliance
- Prepare for in-house events (catering, set-up, etc)
- Maintain security screening spreadsheet – TAA’s
- Conduct company-wide and event specific surveys as requested
- Assist the COO with various projects as needed
- Compile reports, letters, notices, as requested
- Assist with planning and facilitation of social events
- Ensure public areas (kitchen, printer area, and office supply cupboards) all remain tidy and organized
- Clean kitchen coffee/espresso machines
- College diploma or degree as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supporting or coordination role
- exceptional time management and organizational skills
- strong written and oral business communications skills
- fully competent with the Microsoft office suite
- knowledge of Maximizer an asset
- thorough knowledge of SharePoint; database applications and a general aptitude for using software tools.
SSI offers a competitive salary, full benefit package and a bonus/incentive program.