Software Developer (SQL Focused)
- Exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market
- Great opportunity for professional development and career progression
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits and profit sharing plan
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth, SSI is looking for a permanent, full time Software Developer to join our database team in Victoria, British Columbia.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist in the development of leading edge 3D design software while exercising your passion for software development, and natural inclination to solve tough problems. This role will involve the use of cutting-edge technologies, such as C#, managed and native C++, Microsoft SQL Server, as well as new technologies as they arise.
To qualify for this role, you will possess a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering. In addition, you must have a thorough understanding of C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages, T-SQL/SQL Server experience.
Additional requirements of the role include:
- Minimum two years' experience in C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with investigating and solving SQL performance issues
- Experience with developing with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiar with object-oriented design patterns
- Understanding of SQL best practices and methodologies
- Relocation to Victoria, BC
It would be beneficial if you also have experience with:
- Agile Development practices (Scrum or Kanban)
- Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
With a background in Object Oriented programming and relational database development, you will also have strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability to take direction, and work well as a team player.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team.
In return for your drive and determination, we offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision);
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit sharing plan;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to join an employer of choice, apply today!