Current Vacancy - Activities Officer
Bentley, Western Australia
''Every day is a privilege - being a part of their lives. What you get from this job, no money could ever buy.''
Tanya Rose, Person Centred Carer, SwanCare
About the Activities Officer role:
Part-time (minimum of 4 shifts per week)
SwanCare Kingia & SwanCare Tandara
Bentley, WA 6102
- Improve lives for a living - it feels great to support residents here
- Join a team where you belong. Be supported, valued and recognised for your efforts
- Get a better deal. We offer a range of industry - leading benefits, including salary sacrifice, leave and varied rosters
We are seeking a creative, compassionate and enthusiastic Activities Officer to join our Lifestyle Team at SwanCare Kingia and Tandara.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, set-up and delivery of a range of internal activities
- Assisting residents with correspondence (reading & writing letters, cards etc.)
- Working with volunteers
- Completion of documentation, evaluation and reporting when necessary
- Resident intervention
Why work for us?
As a leading not for profit aged care provider since 1961, we're proud of our excellent reputation among our residents, their families and our staff. When you work for us, you improve lives for a living. You'll see the difference you make every day in the smiles of our residents and our people, and in our collective success. We will recognise you for your dedication and achievements, and support you with regular training and development so you can be the best you can be. Oh, and by the way, our people say we're the warmest, most welcoming workplace you'll ever find.
Finally, with a range of industry-leading benefits on offer, you'll find there are real advantages to working with us. Find out more about the SwanCare difference.
Who are we looking for?
To thrive at SwanCare, you'll have a creative flair and outgoing personality that will engage residents and encourage interaction and participation.
- Relevant certification in Health & Leisure Services, Aged Care or Individual Support
- Highly developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Working rights within Australia
- National Police Clearance less than 6 months old
You'll also be enthusiastic about developing yourself and adapting your approach to deliver the best outcomes for our residents.
How to Apply:
- Please apply by answering all of the questions below
- Upload your Resume, Police Clearance, Certificates and any other relevant documents
- Submit your application
Please note that pre-employment checks may include but may not be limited to: reference checks, criminal record check (police clearance), medical assessment at your own cost, evidence of your right to work within Australia, evidence of qualifications and literacy assessment.
Will you hear back from us?
Applications close on the 28 February 2019. Once the decision has been made, the successful applicant will be offered the position by a member of the People and Culture team.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email.