Current Vacancy - Marketing Officer
Bentley, Western Australia
Embrace a career at SwanCare and improve lives for a living.
About the Marketing Officer role:
SwanCare Main Administration Office
Bentley, WA 6102
- Improve lives for a living - it feels great to support residents here
- Join a team where you belong. Be supported, valued and recognised for your efforts
- Get a better deal. We offer a range of industry - leading benefits, including salary sacrifice, leave and varied rosters
Our marketing department is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Marketing Officer to join the SwanCare team.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of all communications via marketing initiatives, PR opportunities and the management of other communication channels. Additionally, the Marketing Officer will be responsible for assisting in all areas of marketing, for all business areas.
To find out more about the role of a SwanCare Marketing Officer, you can access our Job Description here.
Why work for us?
As a leading not for profit aged care provider since 1961, we're proud of our excellent reputation among our residents, their families and our staff. When you work for us, you improve lives for a living. You'll see the difference you make every day in the smiles of our residents and our people, and in our collective success. We will recognise you for your dedication and achievements, and support you with regular training and development so you can be the best you can be. Oh, and by the way, our people say we're the warmest, most welcoming workplace you'll ever find.
Finally, with a range of industry-leading benefits on offer, you'll find there are real advantages to working with us. Find out more about the SwanCare difference.
Who are we looking for?
To thrive at SwanCare, you'll be truly dedicated to the field of marketing, providing support to your departments business function and beyond. You'll have a flair for communications and content, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and that natural creative ability to deal with all kinds of challenges with professionalism, compassion and warmth.
You'll also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with writing media ready materials such as press releases and general marketing collateral
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to multitask and work to meet deadlines
- A professional and responsible approach to work
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Working rights within Australia
- National Police Clearance less than 6 months old
You'll also be enthusiastic about developing yourself and adapting your approach to deliver the best outcomes for our residents.
How to Apply:
- Please apply by answering all of the questions below
- Upload your Resume, Police Clearance, Certificates and any other relevant documents
- Submit your application
Please note that pre-employment checks may include but may not be limited to: reference checks, criminal record check (police clearance), medical assessment at your own cost, evidence of your right to work within Australia, evidence of qualifications and literacy assessment.
Will you hear back from us?
Applications close on Friday 24 May 2019, 17:00 (AWST). However, we reserve the right to commence shortlisting and selection prior to the closing date. Once the decision has been made, the successful applicant will be offered the position by a member of the People and Culture team.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email.
We look forward to viewing your application!