Housing & Homelessness Support Coordinator (Tasmania)
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $49.82 per hour
- Generous reimbursement for work related travel expenses
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Full Time - 38 hours per week (Part Time – 30 hours per week will also be considered)
- Based in Bellerive (TAS) – travel to different sites required
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
We are very excited to announce the expansion of our services into Tasmania and are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to be a part of our new venture. The launch of our community services is the first phase of establishing specialised services for vulnerable older Tasmanians, focusing on secure, stable housing with close and accessible supports at the ready.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a proactive individual to join our Housing and Homelessness Team as the Housing & Homelessness Support Coordinator. Reporting to the Establishment Manager - Tasmania, you will oversee and supervise the support team which support vulnerable older people who have histories of homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness. This position will work collaboratively with Tasmanian and Victorian based Wintringham staff to ensure a collaborative team culture is maintained
Your responsibilities and duties will also include:
- Appropriately manage performance of the Homelessness and Housing Support Teams through coaching, supervision, debriefing, regular informal and formal performance feedback and reviews, and professional development support
- Representing Wintringham and working collaboratively with local homelessness services, and the Department of Communities, Tasmania
- Promote a non-institutional philosophy within the programs by recognising and promoting the rights of Wintringham clients.
- Supervise and monitor case management and crisis interventions to meet the needs of people with multiple and complex needs.
- Demonstrate leadership across the Housing and Homelessness portfolio and work collaboratively with all areas of Wintringham to ensure coordinated service responses.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets in collaboration with the Tasmanian Manager.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
You are an experienced leader with a proven track record of success in a leadership role supporting clients experiencing homelessness with complex support needs as well as building positive team cultures and delivering best practice service delivery.
Your skills will be supported by possessing the following:
- Qualification in Social Work, Welfare, Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to engender wellbeing, synergy and a spirit of collaboration across teams
- Demonstrated experience working and leading within a case management/case coordination framework
- Experience delivering services within social and community services programs including housing and homelessness support
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State Government policies, standards and compliance requirements.
- An understanding of the Housing and Homelessness Service sector, My Aged Care, NDIS and other relevant service systems.
- Proven commitment to excellence, accountability and innovation in best practice service delivery in the fields of homelessness and housing support.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can contact Tanya Atkinson (Establishment Manager - Tasmania) at (03) 9376 1122.
A copy of the Position Description can be accessed HERE.
Please address your responses to the key selection criteria (located in the position description) in your cover letter.
Applications can be directed to Tanya Atkinson (Establishment Manager - Tasmania) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Sunday 7th March 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.