Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, we have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ hundreds of local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are our Rix’s Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and our Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rix’s Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS, and we proudly own and operate Kings Engineering, a leading NSW Engineering business.
About the role
The Bloomfield Group is looking to appoint a Mine Surveyor to join the Technical Services Team at Rix's Creek Mine, 5kms northwest of Singleton. The successful applicant will advise and assist in all activities and requirements of surveying on site at Rix's Creek ensuring that statutory requirements are met and activities carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory mine plans
- Oversee that the information required by operations to confirm with mine designs is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Undertake surveys and inspections as may be necessary to ensure that mine schedules, plans and projects are carried out safely and in accordance with plans
- Completion and processing of surveys to maintain an up to date topo and face positions
- Set out drill holes, benches, dig limits, disturbance limits, rehabilitation, contour banks, and other field information as required
- Operating UAV's for inspections, photos, and surveys
- Measuring and recording of seam sections, roofs, and floors
- Measuring and recording of water levels
- Measuring and recording of as drilled data
- Calibration of drill and dozer GPS systems
- Management of piezometer data
- Daily tailings dam inspections / surveys
- Management and development of stability monitoring projects
- Calculation of volumes of stockpiles, dumps, and excavations
- Management of Sentry monitoring system and data
- Providing up to date ROM stockpile volumes and plans
- Degree qualifications in Surveying or similar
- Surveying experience in an open cut mining environment preferred
- Experience in the use of engineering / surveying software
- UAV Remote Pilot licence preferred
- Willingness to learn and attain increased skill level and readiness to apply those skills
- High regard for attention to detail
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Sound analytical and report writing skills
- Proven ability to build proactive relationships and to work as part of a team
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
We also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
To apply for the position, please answer the screening questions and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role. In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at www.bloomcoll.com.au.
Note: If you experience issues applying, please email your contact details to email@example.com
Applications close 15 August 2021
To find out more about the Bloomfield Group, please visit www.bloomcoll.com.au
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.