Graduate and Experienced Teachers 2021
Diocese of Townsville
Townsville Catholic Education supports 29 schools in our Diocese, in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south, north to Halifax and Palm Island. Our education choices include primary, secondary, Prep-to-Year 12 and boarding facilities.
TCE employs in excess of 2,500 teaching, professional and ancillary/support employees to fulfil our mission of providing quality educational services through our Catholic school communities. A Catholic education involves much more than simply teaching the educational basics. It encourages students to embrace Catholic values and faith while providing them with an excellent education and diverse life experiences that will prepare them to be a contributing member of the community in their adult lives.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our employees is a fundamental part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our employees are recognised as being central to achieving our mission and delivering quality learning outcomes for all students.
The proud reputation Catholic schools enjoy within the Diocese today is based on the strong tradition built by religious orders who founded Catholic Education in the Townsville Diocese in 1872.
To join our vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Valid working rights to work in Australia which must be provided upon offer of employment
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before a 2021 commencement
Why work for Townsville Catholic Education Office?
Diversity of environments
Communities who value teachers
Creativity in your teaching
Adventure in the regions
To learn more about how we can support you to be your best, the interview process, FAQ's and more visit
Support for you in a rural community
Please review the Position Description for more information.
Want more information on our remote area incentives?
Ready to be your best?
- Click the Apply Now button below and upload your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees.
- Upload any recent practicum reports (Graduates only)
- Upload your cover letter addressing the following three questions:
- What excites you and motivates you as a teacher?
- Why have you chosen Townsville Diocese for a teaching career?
- What skills, qualities and attributes will you bring to this role?
Want to know more about the diocese and the recruitment process?
Visit www.teachingatmybest.com.au for more information!
Applications for this position close 11:30pm Monday 15th June 2020.
Interviews will be held from Monday 29th June to Friday 12th July 2020 conducted either face-to-face or via zoom interview.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the below:
HR Officer - Recruitment
07 4773 0900