R&D Director - Student Management
How you'll make a difference...
Within our Research & Development organisation, the Student Management Product Group has overall responsibility for the strategy, direction, development, and support of the Student Management application suite including working with customers for input, programs, and delivery of an exceptional customer experience.
The R&D Director leads the team that designs and builds the Student Management product, including the software and supporting artefacts.
Using the product roadmap, the R&D Director owns and drives the release plans for their product ensuring that the deliverables are on-time, on budget, meet the customer expectations, are of high quality, and are aligned with the enterprise architecture.
They strongly believe in their team and their product strategy, and actively evangelise their product.
What you'll be doing...
- Drive the architecture design of the product including but not limited to its features, functions, and data models.
- Ensure the development team provides effective analysis, design, program, and testing. Challenging your team to continually test and rapidly review deliverables through an agile and iterative approach to development
- Ensure the development team is adhering to the defined research/design and security practices and prescribed software development methodology.
- Effectively manage the System Architect and Development team to deliver roadmap milestones on time and on-budget for product releases.
- Partner with the Product and Industry leadership team and wider business to continuously enhance TechnologyOne’s products and solutions.
- Engage with customers to understand their needs to deliver a maximum lovable product
- Manage risk and opportunities by ensuring our customer data is secure and managed within the varying legislative environments, including ISO27001 certification, in which TechnologyOne and our customers operate
- Optimised management of resources and reduce duplication in line with deliverable priorities, time frames, cost, people, and skills needed.
- Lead engaged, collaborative, innovative, and achievement-focused teams aligned to our culture and values
- Drive cross-skilling to remove single point sensitivity, ensure bench depth and career pathing
- Create a healthy and safe working environment and improvement of eNPS results
Continuous Improvement Deliverables:
- Continually challenge the status quo and drive the design of product enhancements
- System and process review to improve our efficiency and cost reduction
- Deep technical knowledge gained through proven successful technical software experience (TechnologyOne specific - ideal)
- Good understanding of SaaS and Cloud-based architectures
- Strong experience in developing and delivering integrated, enterprise/ERP software
- Demonstrated leadership capability and ability to anticipate and effectively resolve complex issues, providing opportunities to stretch individuals and teams to work together whilst linking to strategy and department initiatives
- Communication capability, proactively shares information & resources to better leverage capabilities across teams, communicating difficult messages sensitively and in a supportive manner
- Commercial acumen, executes against key deliverables aligned to strategy, mitigating or escalating commercial issues & risks identified
- Thorough understanding and application of security and privacy of software
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Who we are ...
TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) is Australia's largest enterprise software company and one of Australia's top 150 ASX-listed companies, with offices across six countries. We create solutions that transform business and make life simple for our customers. We do this by providing powerful, deeply integrated enterprise software that is incredibly easy to use. Over 1,200 leading corporations, government departments, and statutory authorities are powered by our software.
We pride ourselves on providing our people with earned recognition through career progression, competitive salaries, and a supportive environment. We double in size approximately every 4 - 5 years so career opportunities abound. Everything is about to change. Are you ready?
We value creativity, innovation, and people with an entrepreneurial spirit. See us in action at Hack Day!
* Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.