DevOps Engineer (Database Reliability)
How you'll make a difference...
We build, deploy, and run enterprise software that powers businesses all over the world. We're re-engineering the way our software is delivered using the latest web technologies and taking our Enterprise suite of products to the Cloud.
As a DevOps Engineer specialising in Database Reliability, you'll help automate, manage and support world class SaaS data layer services, ensuring that our software runs faster than our customers' wildest expectations. With a talent for problem solving and finding the root of technical problems, you’ll make a difference in this role by delivering successful fixes to complex problems.
What you'll be doing...
- Database reliability and performance tuning
- Observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our database objectives.
- Automation of database infrastructure and help the team succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Growth and manage the capacity.
- Supporting, tracking, and resolving assigned technical issues around our SaaS/Cloud services to ensure 99.9% availability to users globally.
- Applying deep and rigorous analysis and problem solving to find and resolve environmental problems.
- Working internally with the right teams to support the needs of the customer and resolve issues.
- Maintaining contact with vendors/suppliers and stakeholder relationships to encourage optimal service delivery.
- Providing clear and regular communication to customers and other stakeholders on the progression of tasks and escalation of issues.
- Continually drive automation and simplification to lower operational costs and increase efficiency.
- Tracking, measuring, and optimising environments and take preventative action to eliminate any future issues.
- Rostered on-call support.
- Delivering exceptional service in responding to support requests.
- Have at least 3 years of experience running MSSQL in large production environments.
- Have experience working in a distributed production environment.
- Passion for Databases, automation, analytics, and understanding of new technologies and approaches to resolving problems at scale.
- Experience implementing and optimizing large scale automation and infrastructure as code.
- Have solid knowledge of SQL
- Have solid knowledge of the internals of MSSQL, Postgres, and open systems
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented/ scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Python, Go, C#, Java, Scala
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to effectively and maturely communicate and negotiate in writing and verbally with stakeholders
- A can-do and positive attitude and ensuring the team continues to be challenged while delivering industry leading solutions.
We pride ourselves on providing our people with earned recognition through career progression, competitive salaries, and a supportive environment. We double in size approximately every 4 years so career opportunities abound. Everything is about to change. Are you ready?
TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) is Australia's largest enterprise software company and one of Australia's top 150 ASX-listed companies, with offices across six countries. We create solutions that transform business and make life simple for our customers. We do this by providing powerful, deeply integrated enterprise software that is incredibly easy to use. Over 1,000 leading corporations, government departments, and statutory authorities are powered by our software
We value creativity, intelligence, and innovation. See us in action at Hack Day!
* Applicants must have the right to work permanently in the UK.