Learning Designer - Student Management
How you'll make a difference...
Technical writing is a key component to the successful delivery of our enterprise software and to the ongoing education and learning for our customers. As a member of small, focused team, you'll use your passion for writing up products to create meaningful and insightful videos and online content that is the ‘textbook’ for our software.
Our Learning Practitioners really are passionate about delivering insanely great education and learning materials for our customers. As a Learning Practitioner in our Student Management Team, you'll be at the forefront of that vision working to design and deliver training programs and supporting collateral that clearly articulate concepts and configuration activities relating to student administration in the tertiary education sector.
As part of the Product Success team, you’ll use your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate, collaborate and ultimately create training programs and artefacts to support effective knowledge transfer of student management concepts to support both our people and our customers.
What you'll be doing...
- Developing a deep and 'hands on' understanding of the Student Management product. Its features and functions to service operational continuity and legislative and compliance requirements for our customers businesses.
- Liaising with subject matter experts to build and maintain a library of artefacts which support student management operation
- Working with R&D product teams & subject matter experts to undertake knowledge transfer and develop into scripts for video
- Developing story boards, producing, filming and narrating videos
- Continually engaging with product teams and building strong relationships with team members
- Developing a deep and “hands on” understanding of the software and its application in the real world, and applying this to designs and resources
- Working within project timeframes and the software development lifecycle to develop a compelling combination of video and written instruction
- Staying abreast of best practice, emerging trends and new innovations to continually improve processes, standards, guidelines and outputs
- A background in technical writing, content development, instructional design and/or video production in the tertiary education sector is highly desirable
- Experience with basic HTML is desirable but isn’t a mandatory requirement
- Ability to develop technical resources in non-traditional formats such as videos, infographics and interactive web content
- Exceptional written and spoken English language skills applied to your own content and in peer reviews
- Proven stakeholder management experience with the ability to facilitate workshops and liaise with R&D, product teams, senior executives and team members
- Highly self-motivated and resilient team player, with the capability to plan, estimate and manage your own learning and projects, as well as contribute to team goals
Who we are...
TechnologyOne (ASX:TNE) is Australia's largest enterprise software company and one of Australia's top 200 ASX-listed companies, with offices across six countries. We create solutions that transform business and make life simple for our customers. We do this by providing powerful, deeply integrated enterprise software that is incredibly easy to use. Over 1,000 leading corporations, government departments and statutory authorities are powered by our software.
We pride ourselves on providing our people with earned recognition through career progression, competitive salaries and a supportive environment. We double in size approximately every 5 years so career opportunities abound. Everything is about to change. Are you ready?
We value creativity, innovation and people with an entrepreneurial spirit. See us in action at Hack Day!
Applicants must have the right to work permanently in Australia.